Contact us to see if you qualify for ERAP Assistance
Facing Eviction? We May Be Able To Help.
The Wait House in partnership with Warren County is the lead agency for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).
The New York State Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) provides significant economic relief to help low and moderate-income households at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability by providing rental arrears, temporary rental assistance and utility arrears assistance.
ERAP assistance is a collaboration of the tenant and landlord, or utility company and The WAIT House will help tenants and landlords navigate the application process and mediate for improved landlord and tenant relationships due to COVID-19 hardships.
The goal is to help tenants and landlords recoup some of the lost income and rent that they may have had difficulty getting or giving due to pandemic related barriers such as childcare, loss of income and illness. Our goal is to avoid unnecessary homelessness and the prevention of homelessness in our community.
We have housing specialist and case managers to assist you in completing the application process and provide computer and internet access for those who are in need of support.
For more information or to set up and appointment Please call us at 518-798-4384 or come to our drop in and outreach center located at 14 west Notre Dame Street in Glens Falls, NY 12801.
The Permanent Housing Assistance Program helps individuals and families of all ages locate and keep safe and affordable housing.
We can help:
- Create a household budget based on current income
- Determine what can be paid for rent, utilities and other housing expenses
- Find safe, affordable housing in the community
- Pay part of the security deposit on an apartment that fits a budget
- Provide short term rental assistance
- Connect with other services such as transportation, continuing education, childcare and job training and counseling
- Provide landlord/tenant mediation
- Ongoing case management
- Goal planning for the future
For more information, contact us at (518) 798-4384 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.