COVID-19 Service Updates
With the reopening of New York, WAIT House was able to lift our occupancy restrictions.
WAIT House currently has openings for four youth in our Emergency Shelter.
Contact us at 518-798-4384 for details.
WAIT House is also offering Youth Respite services for youth who might need a break from their current living situation. - This program is currenlty full.
Contact us if you or someone you know may benefit from respite.
Crisis Services Program
WAIT House’s Crisis Services Program is located at 12 Wait St. in Glens Falls, NY. It is an eight bed co-ed emergency shelter for youth ages 16 up to 25. The shelter is certified by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services. Since opening in December 2003, WAIT House has provided shelter and services to over 1,500 homeless youths and their families. WAIT House is staffed 24/7. The shelter phone number is (518) 798-4384.
- Emergency Shelter
- Case Management and Goal Planning
- Needs Assessment
- Linkage to necessary services such as medical, mental health, and substance abuse treatment
- Reunification with family (if appropriate)
- Connection to education, training and employment
- On-site tutoring and life-skills training
- After Care– follow up and support after leaving the emergency shelter